BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

View Map

Anonymous
Not applicable
When im changing a sketch plan in the Project map, it seems to change it in the view map as well even if i dont save it. How can i change the drawing in the project map and it still remain the same in the view map. I want to create another view of the sketch plan i have created in the project map
cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
not sure your question is very clear... but if I understand you correctly...
the concept of the view map is that you save a layer combination, a penset, floor cutting plane, zoom position, scale etcetc. The model does NOT stay static if you change stuff in it.
to do what i think you want, use different layers (and save layer combinations that have your desired layers on or off) or different files...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about that, Ill try to explain it better.
If i create a sketch plan and save it as view in the view map, then the owner wants to make a room larger. When i change the room size in the project map it changes in the view map as well. Why is this.
So if i move a wall out 3m should it change it in the view map as well.

cheers
Erika Epstein
Booster
Anything drawn will evolve the same no matter it be in the project map, view map, layout book or publisher.
If you want to draw variations of a scheme, drag a copy of the elements away from the original. Or you could save another instance of the file, (smith project scheme B) to develop alternatives.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Thomas Holm
Booster
Erika wrote:
Anything drawn will evolve the same no matter it be in the project map, view map, layout book or publisher...
Not entirely true. For views placed on layouts, you can set their Update type to Manual in the Drawing Selection settings dialog. Thus they should not change until you update them. Beware of "Update All", though.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your replies. I think i have it now.

cheers
Thomas Holm
Booster
kryan05 wrote:
Thanks for your replies. I think i have it now.
To really save designs for posterity, I suggest PDFs, or if you want them editable, simply save copies of your .pln or better .pla files. "Update all" is a useful command, and it might be tempting at times
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!