Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

artlantis vs 3ds max .. which is better ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
which is better in rendering and easier to learn ? 3ds max or artlantis , ?
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
These applications are not truly comparable products.

Artlantis is very easy to learn and permits making renderings without learning a new profession.
Architects and designers can do their own illustration work in a short time as a part of their everyday work.
It is so simple that three blind monkeys stabbing randomly at a keyboard with sticks can get decent output.
Artlantis also renders quickly.

You will have a credible artwork in 30 minutes with your first try. And the two week full function demo is easy proof.

3DS Max can make better renderings than Artlantis can but I think that it is complicated. By the time you learn 3Ds Max, you will have a new profession. There is only so much time in the day. Or one's entire life.

3DS Max makes better renderings largely because it has better and more complex controls over every aspect of lighting and materials. Since its user community is so vast, may third-party suppliers offer entourage and add-ons that are the best in the business. Firms that use this product have full-time operator artists.

I use Artlantis because it can make reasonable work with a small time commitment. Sample below.
Archicad-Sample.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
ohh this is amazing , how did you do that, any tips .. i played a little with it and yes its really nice and easy
Dwight
Newcomer
Here is your tip:

"In almost any field that's difficult, it's impossible to find someone who's good who hasn't spent ten thousand hours practicing." Malcolm Gladwell, in his brilliant book, “Outliers”, 2008
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
But that's not fair because Artlantis is at least 90% easier. So take off a zero.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
yea so right , but what i mean by the trick that is ur rendering depends on materials or the quality of rendereng or lighting or what u know i'm still an amature in rendereng and i know i still need alot to learn but i just want to know what to search for and what to learn , and thank you again and sorry for my bad english by the way
Dwight
Newcomer
I'll have just the book for you in two weeks or so.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just like commercial airplane pilot eh? The more hours you have the better pilot you are
Anonymous
Not applicable
3D Max is a better renderer but Artlantis is easier & faster renderer
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another vote for Artlantis.
But it depends what you are rendering. If you're an architect or designer then definately Artlantis is the way to go.

As Dwight said - Artlantis is WAY WAY quicker to learn and to produce reasonable renders from. But 3DS Max will give better results if you have the time to put into it.

Our office uses Artlantis which means we can easily provide clients with renders for every project we do, right through the design process.

Attached are a couple of 'sketches' that we can whip up in an hour or so from Archicad and send to the clients for comment. Not sure how long it would take to do that in 3DS Max.
CE-Shopfront-3.jpg