BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Creating photorender projection from section?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I create photorender section?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes.
search for cut planes in 3D.
Eduardo Rolon
and use the marquee.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you explain step by step? Please.
Eduardo Rolon
Using the Marquee define (in floor plan with the Bold option) the rectangle of what you want to see in the 3D window and hit F4 if on Mac, F5 if on PC to see in the 3D window the area defined by the marquee.

Look up in the Help Marquee, Show Selection/Marquee in 3D and the 3D Document tool for more information.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dismante wrote:
Can you explain step by step? Please.
this information is available to you already
Look in your manual, or under the archicad help menu, go to the archicad online help, look in the index for 3d cutting planes, it's nearly at the top of the list.
Karl Ottenstein
With respect, xristina, the marquee is superior to using 3D cutting planes for this purpose because you can quickly snap the marquee to the section line in plan in order to get the cut to correspond exactly to the 2D section.

Doing the same thing with the cutting planes is tedious as you will either approximate the cut location by drawing the plane, or you will have to determine the proper coordinates and enter them.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
With respect, xristina, the marquee is superior to using 3D cutting planes for this purpose because you can quickly snap the marquee to the section line in plan in order to get the cut to correspond exactly to the 2D section.

Doing the same thing with the cutting planes is tedious as you will either approximate the cut location by drawing the plane, or you will have to determine the proper coordinates and enter them.

Cheers,
Karl
oh, i don't disagree...
as with so many things in ac, there are many paths to reach the same destination, each with pros & cons.
I haven't had the need to use either in this case for producing a paper drawing so can't comment with real certainty which one 's best, though i do use the marque in 3D regularly to view parts of my model to cut down on regen. time ... don't know why i though of cut planes first
Learn and get certified!