Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

unglobalize view settings?

Gus
Newcomer
I use two screens. I like having the plan on one and the elevation or section on the other. However, when I switch from one window to the other (by clicking on that window) it changes that windows layer settings to the settings from the window I was previously on. I know that the simple solution to this is to click on the View in the Navigator to go between drawings but is there a way to set it up so I can just jump between windows and have each window hold it's own view settings? When I'm going back and forth between drawings a lot it would be convenient to be able to do this. If this is not possible, is there a way to add multiple trace references in a window? That way I wouldn't have to jump between windows at all. As far as I know the answer to these questions above is "No." If this is true then the above is not a question, it is my wish.

Thank you
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Don't forget to vote in your own poll... 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
TomWaltz
Participant
I'd like it if it were an option, but there are times you want to bounce between plans, sections, and 3D and maintain the same settings.
Tom Waltz
Eduardo Rolon
A possible way to make it work, 3D Studio has an option by which if you click on a viewport with something preselected on another viewport that object would be unselected but if you right clicked (control click) on then it would not loose the selection.

Therefore clicking on the viewport would change the View Settings and Right Click or Control+Click would keep the previous window View Set parameters.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator