Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

markers, views.. a little confusing

Anonymous
Not applicable
howdy

can someone please help shed some light on the following:

I understand the difference between source, linked and unlinked markers.
having a little trouble figuring out the difference between Selected viewpoint, selected drawing, first placed drawing of selected viewpoint vs view.

currently for our layouting purposes, selecting the first placed drawing of selected viewpoint works with the numbering system, and we always just use linked markers, since the details are always redrawn and not referenced to the plan.

however... others in the office are starting to use source markers, and it seems that unless the first placed drawing of selected view is chosen, nothing shows up in the detail window?

Anyhow somewhat confused. any help greatly appreciated

thanks

yukioMishima
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
yukioMishima wrote:
currently for our layouting purposes, selecting the first placed drawing of selected viewpoint works with the numbering system,
Okay. So you know that this will remain as code until it a drawing is placed.
yukioMishima wrote:
and we always just use linked markers, since the details are always redrawn and not referenced to the plan.
Not sure I understand this. Are you linking them before placing them or after? And what are you linking them to? Linking is usually used when two views essentially contain the same information.
yukioMishima wrote:
however... others in the office are starting to use source markers, and it seems that unless the first placed drawing of selected view is chosen, nothing shows up in the detail window?
Linking to the Source view is a typical option. Keep in mind that what you select in the General panel affects the options in the Marker Head panel. The reason why nothing shows up is because there's not much to show!

I hope that helps, if not, you may need to clarify your problem some more.

Cheers,
Link.