Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive schedule showing roof pitch

Barry Kelly
Has anyone done an interactive schedule that list the roofs by their pitch (slope).
Or is this a glaring ommission by Graphisoft in that we can not list a field value for the roof slope.
I can get all sorts of surface areas, thickness, hieght, volume, etc. but not the pitch/slope.

I would like to differentiate the surface areas of roofs into there different pitches but this appears to be impossible.

If anyone can offer any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
10 REPLIES 10
Thomas Holm
Booster
I guess you could use the element ID manager to insert slope values into roof IDs and then list those?
Bild 6.png
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Barry Kelly
Thomas wrote:
I guess you could use the element ID manager to insert slope values into roof IDs and then list those?
I like your thinking Thomas but I can't see that this would work very easily.
Yes I can assign the same ID to all roofs with the same slope, but that ID doesn't automatically include the slope.
So I would still have to select the roofs based on the ID and further edit them to include the slope and then use the ID in the Interactive Schedule.

It would be just as easy (in fact easier) to manually select all roofs of a certain slope with find and select and change their ID.
But then as new roofs are added or slopes are changed the IDs would need to be amended as well.
If only we had the slope as an auto text field that we could use in the ID.

You have given me an idea of using "sample" roofs with appropriate IDs that can have their parameters chosen when ever adding a roof.
But of course the samples would need to be deleted before completing the schedule.

If it was just me doing this then it would be fine but I want to have 70+ users all following the same proceedure, so it needs to be as fool-proof as possible.

If only we had an Interactive Schedule field for roof slope.
I feel a wish coming on.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=20751

Thanks again Thomas.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe not using the roof as a reference but a label? I think there are some labels out there that adjusts to the roof pitch. Maybe you can pull that parameter out and use it for the schedule.
Karl Ottenstein
Landry wrote:
Maybe not using the roof as a reference but a label? I think there are some labels out there that adjusts to the roof pitch. Maybe you can pull that parameter out and use it for the schedule.
Yes, labels can pick up a lot of information about the object that they are labeling...but as Duane Valencia has noted in the past, we cannot schedule labels.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Karl wrote:
Landry wrote:
Yes, labels can pick up a lot of information about the object that they are labeling...but as Duane Valencia has noted in the past, we cannot schedule labels.

Karl
Now there's the glaring ommission! It's getting farther and farther away from 1998 when I first proposed this kind of thing (wasn't "labels" back then, but the idea was the same)...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot about that. Well is there a way to maybe change it from a label to an object that could read it some how?? I do not understand GDL that much but maybe some of the more experienced could chime in.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Landry wrote:
Forgot about that. Well is there a way to maybe change it from a label to an object that could read it some how?? I do not understand GDL that much but maybe some of the more experienced could chime in.
Yes, possible, but you'll not keep the LINK to the elements you are labeling...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

With linking property objects to the certain pitch angles the roofs can be differentiated.

1] Choose the 'Link Properties to Criteria' command and make one new criteria / pitch angle. You have to make new 'dummy' property objects to your library (here 'Slope_16' and 'Slope_20' respectively).

2] ...so the property objects are linked automatically by pitch angle...

3] ...and the property objects can be picked in the schedules.

Here the column 'Slope angle' is showing the linked property object.

Sorry for finnish localization- hope this helps!
Barry Kelly
Juha wrote:
Hello,

With linking property objects to the certain pitch angles the roofs can be differentiated.

1] Choose the 'Link Properties to Criteria' command and make one new criteria / pitch angle. You have to make new 'dummy' property objects to your library (here 'Slope_16' and 'Slope_20' respectively).

2] ...so the property objects are linked automatically by pitch angle...

3] ...and the property objects can be picked in the schedules.
Here the column 'Slope angle' is showing the linked property object.

Sorry for finnish localization- hope this helps!
Thank you Juha.
This is great for all the standard pitches we use which is about 90% of the time.
Still a problem if the user needs to use a non standard pitch.
Food for thought though.

At the moment we are doing what we need with the calculate menu.
I just wanted to automate it a bit more with the Interactive Schedule the same as I have done for our floor plan areas.
Thanks,
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27