Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

thick and ugly lines in pdfs

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there, iam working on some plans and sections for a project at the minute. The drawings going fine-but when i create a layout and save it as a pdf the lines are coming out very thick and clumsy and two fine lines together will merge and bleed into one- just plain nasty and it makes the drawings look very childish. Iam working at 1:100 scale on a2 worksheets and then save the current zoom in the pdf options. Not sure why its going wrong but would like to fix it. Any help would be great.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laurence,

Check out the pen settings that apply to that view.

You may either be using the wrong pen for the element, using the wrong pen set or the pen set is incorrectly set up for the scale you are printing.

To get a preview of how the pens will print, turn on the 'true line weights' button on the 'on-screen view options' toolbar. I find it normally best to work with this setting off, and only turn on to check before printing.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
beside the true line weight u can check the box in the print window that contains hair line . i think that make it more thin and looks good
Anonymous
Not applicable
sarhawy wrote:
i think that make it more thin and looks good
I think you maybe on your own there, buddy!

I suspect most people prefer to use a variety of pen thinknesses to give more information to the plan. If you use just hairlines it suddenly looks very flat and uninteresting. Just thickening the lines around the structure can help bring a drawing 'to life'. Draw a thick line around an elevation and it suddenly jumps out of the page at you!

Different line thicknesses are good! (But only when set up properly)
Eduardo Rolon
Under Help select
ArchiCAD 11 Reference Guide
page 24
Pens & Colors/Pen Sets
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanx for this info. i will look forward to use it thanx a lot