BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hidden Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant find some of my floating palettes - most significantly being the Navigator.
"Navigator" is checked in the correct drop down menu, but it is nowheres to be found.
Another missing palette is the one that lets you change from dividing half, by distance or in # increments.
All in AC 10 - any Ideas?
This happens thru multiple files and after restarting too

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Thomas Holm
Booster
Do a "New and reset" (Press Alt, Select File>New)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is this going to do to my existing file?
Does it reset and wipe the file / make a new file or just reset palettes?
Thomas Holm
Booster
If you Save your file and then do new and reset it should open a new file with the default Work Environment. If you save that (empty) file, nothing happens to your old one. You can then Open your old file and choose the Last Profile used in the Work Environment part of the Open dialog.

if you have a customized Work Environment saved, it should turn up in the drop-down menu too. Read the Help file on how to do this.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Ace
Crimicad wrote:
I cant find some of my floating palettes - most significantly being the Navigator.
"Navigator" is checked in the correct drop down menu, but it is nowheres to be found.
Another missing palette is the one that lets you change from dividing half, by distance or in # increments.
All in AC 10 - any Ideas?
This happens thru multiple files and after restarting too

Thanks
Yep, no probs.

The Navigator opens when you click at the icon in the lower left of your plan window. Then make sure that it stays there - right click on the Navigator title and read what happens next

The second palette is Control Box. I always recommend having that and the Coordinate box on (yes, old fashioned, sorry). Both are openable from the Windows/Palettes menu.

And it will stay as it is if you save your WE under a good name, and then can revoke it any time you want.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!