Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

unwanted behaviour with Level Dimensions in ARCHICAD 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
A new unwanted behaviour seems to occur in version 12 when using Level Dimensions.

In previous versions any Level Dimension placed (without using the gravity option) was linked to it's home story's height, and was updated when the elevation of the story was changed.

In my AC12 version (AC12 2156 FRA FUL) the Level Dimensions are not linked any more to their home story's elevation and become totally static. If I change the story's elevation they will not update.
I tried different templates and it behaves the same way.

To be sure I tried previous versions of ARCHICAD (AC11 FR and AC11 USA) they both behave the same : Level Dimensons update even if check box "Static" is on when opening selection's settings (and unavailable to change)

Question : has anyone encountered this problem ? does it occur to other versions (INT, US, SP…) ?
It looks like a bug to me. The only solution I found to get the previous behaviour is to link the Level Dimension with the gravity option to a 3D element (slab) then hide the elements layer
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I confirm the exact same behavior in the us version.

Jim
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Til wrote:
It looks like a bug to me. The only solution I found to get the previous behaviour is to link the Level Dimension with the gravity option to a 3D element (slab) then hide the elements layer
Definitely looks like a bug to me. You can see when you select the Level Dimension Text (only) and edit it's settings, it defaults to 'Measured Value to Project Zero'. It's clearly not correct.

I will report it.

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
GS is aware of it and will fix it soon.

Cheers,
Link.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft