Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library entries double, triple, quadr....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi There,

installed Archicad 12 and plugged a few libraries in. Since I added the libraries, it takes more than 5 min for archicad to start. Than the libraries manager shows double entries in all the library files I added. Next time I start Archicad, the entries are tripled. And so on. Funnily, if you click on the +on the entries, the double, triple,... entries are all showing the same file. What to to?

Ilia.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ilia

Welcome back

What libraries have you loaded?
Anonymous
Not applicable
downloaded them from the archicad web page. Gardening, trees, Villeroy Boch toilets, downpipes. Does not matter, it happens to the whole lot. 4167 entries, was just trying, if it works. Can make a screen shot tonight....

Ilia.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ilia wrote:
Can make a screen shot tonight....

Ilia.
That would be good. A shot of the Library Manager dialogue showing active libraries more so than the actual Missing / doubles report
Anonymous
Not applicable
I can even rename the whole folder and delete it from the manager, next time I start Archicad, its back again.
Going to be late tonight, after 10PM...

Ilia.
Karl Ottenstein
What you describe sounds similar to what can happen if you accidentally save your file as an archive (with all parts included under options) instead of as a project...and then also load the library...and save again...etc...?

When you click on each of the duplicates, another part of the dialog should give you the path to the duplicate file. If that path is identical, and the library is indeed only loaded once, then indeed something very strange is going on. Definitely post some screenshots if so...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I unpacked the files and sorted them into folders, i.e. Tables, Downpipes, etc.
Put the whole folder with subdirectories into the Customer Database (or Customer Makros or so, its in Libraries directory).
Went to Library Manager, click on the and said Add. (or so, don't have it here just now).
Pressed reload, took a few minutes, but looked ok, could insert the items. Next Start took forewer and the library manager had 4167 or so entries. All files double. Than triple. Ok, the links to the files. The file are there only once.

Ilia.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here picture one, seems, I can only do ona at a time?
Anonymous
Not applicable
and number 2
Archicad2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
and part 3. I renamed my folder to see what happens, if the stuff disappears, but it renamed my folder back....