BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone color won't go the hell away

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know what's going on with Archicad. Some times things are on, some time those same things are off.

Take for example the attached picture.

All I want is for the room names to be on, not the color assigned to that area. How to I get this to turn off, delete it. I'm ready to call a priest to see if he can exercise it away.
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Chrisdell wrote:
I don't know what's going on with Archicad. Some times things are on, some time those same things are off.

Take for example the attached picture.

All I want is for the room names to be on, not the color assigned to that area. How to I get this to turn off, delete it. I'm ready to call a priest to see if he can exercise it away.
The attached picture must be also be Off. Maybe a fitness instructor came and exercised it away?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to change settings in "Model view options".

For every combinations where you don't want the colourfill, you need to turn Options for Fills & Zones -> Zone Background to No background.
Karl Ottenstein
Your post sounds like these mysteriously come and go... which indicates that you are not working from properly saved 'views' in the view map.

You cannot reliably expect consistent results if any of the view settings say 'custom' either. (Or, at least things were that way in the past.) So, if you have Model View Options that turn off the zone color, but leave the stamp, for a particular drawing type, save those settings as a name MVO option ... and set the associated view to use that named option. (Even if 'custom' now works, it is not a great idea in practice, since you don't really know what the settings are without going back into the dialog. Best to name everything.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!