BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Updating layout with disappearing view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this problem in some layouts (some layouts don't have this problem)within a project file. That is, whenever I update, the view disappears and I have to do SHift-F7 again to replace the layout. But if I set Fit Frame to drawing in the Drawing Selection Settings, I seem to have solve this problem.
3 REPLIES 3
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Maybe some of your drawings are set to use the drawing's internal origin and not fit frame to drawing. Try changing these for your placed drawings and your default drawing settings.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We've had a similar problem with the contents of drawing frames disappearing when updated (in v12). I think this has been discussed previously regarding earlier versions of AC and it could relate to the location of your model to the project origin - if it is excessive (in the case of our problem file, it was some 5000m), then unexpected outcomes can occur. In our case, unlocking and making all layers visible and using multi-story marquee to move entire model to vicinity of project origin stopped the reoccurence of the problem.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
According to the AC12 2156 Release Notes, this ~may~ have been addressed with this bugfix:

66221 DOCUMENT: Drawing with manually resized frame may disappear if its content is far from the global origin point.

May be worth updating to see.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!