Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Looks like somethings wrong in Gotham

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, when I open my drawing the attached (linked?) picture of a menu opens up first. I know it's asking me for some info but what info I'm not sure.

Please see the linked pic for what's up.

screencast.com/t/P8uE4ESZ
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Chrisdell wrote:
So, when I open my drawing...
I don't want to sound like a linguistic snob, but for everyone to understand each other, we have to use the same terms...

What you were opening was not a drawing, but a project.

The Library Manager window lists objects that could not be found, but which had been loaded previously. When you click "Done", if you do not get a report window listing any of these as 'missing', then you can simply go back into Library Manager and delete all of those entries.

The folder called "ArchiCAD Library SE 2008" is hopefully what the Start edition calls its library folder Never seen that one before.

Generally, you shouldn't have individual objects loaded - hence listed one by one - as in your screenshot. When loaded, such things usually appear under the blue 'Other Objects" folder. You can get into this situation by either dragging-and-dropping objects into your project, or by using the "Load Other..." function. Generally, it is a good management practice to have three folders loaded under Local Libraries: the AC library, an office library, and a project library. Objects that you download or otherwise obtain that you might use in many projects generally go into your Office Library folder tree. Objects/textures/etc that are specific to the given project (such as stairs) go into the Project Library folder.

But, that's a rambling that has nothing to do with your original question... 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB