BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zone stamp won't display correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all
Does anyone know how to get the zone stamp to display correctly? After crashing and then restarting, all of the zone stamps have changed to show Room#, finishes, different text, etc... when all I want is a Room label and area. The Zone tool and categories settings seem to indicate that everything is set correctly. Suggestions? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Djordje
Ace
emerich wrote:
Hi all
Does anyone know how to get the zone stamp to display correctly? After crashing and then restarting, all of the zone stamps have changed to show Room#, finishes, different text, etc... when all I want is a Room label and area. The Zone tool and categories settings seem to indicate that everything is set correctly. Suggestions? Thanks
Select all, set the parameters as you like.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
mmm...Perhaps i should have explained better. I've tried that along with changing the settings in the zone categories to no effect. I've tried copying/pasting the zones, modifying their shape etc... but nothing changes the stamp back to what it is actually showing in the Settings dialog box (which is want I want it to show). I can't seem to get around it without re-tracing all the zones - which is a lot.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Exactly what Zone Stamp are you using?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just the standard Zone Identifier 11.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
If anyone has any other suggestions, I would much appreciate hearing them.
I'd just like to add that even if I change the zone settings in the dialog box, it is refused and the zone stamp incorrectly stays the same, i.e. as though it is locked but otherwise deletable...
Thanks
Picture 1.png
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
What are the default settings in your Zone Categories dialog? Perhaps the Zone Stamp parameters are reverting to these (although they shouldn't!) -- these settings are the default when placing a new stamp.

Only suggestion I can make is to try another Zone Stamp; perhaps there's something wrong with the object itself.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I created a new zone category with the correct settings. Changing all the zones in the 3D window to the new category made the zone stamps appear correctly in one step.
Thank you Laura!!
Learn and get certified!