Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

!Restored: ArchiCAD viewer for the iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable
The app store just published an app for the iphone (or ipod touch).
Apparently it allows you to view any ArchiCAD generated model through your Iphone. Ill try to post a review later.
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
The app works great, it makes use of the build in accelerometer to allow you to navigate through the model tilting the iphone.
You can also query the model as to each building element, by clicking on, for instance, a wall.
It is not very fast, but a great app to have on construction and when you are with your client.
A must.
Something that is well worth the 100$ asked at the app store.
Anonymous
Not applicable
!!!!!!!!
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks for the heads-up, Krippahl!
As long as I've been using Archicad, since the beginning of the nineties, there has been requests for an Archicad viewer program, for example to let clients explore the model on their own. It's been denied every time. So now it's a reality on the iPhone?

Why not for Mac and Windows?

Does it require any modification of the Archicad model file, or is it the ordinary .pln (plp?) file?

Do you export it to the phone, or is it accessed over the network?

And does the price include the right to distribute it to clients? How many?

Edited: Or is it really this (Please note the date).
It's not in the app store available here.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
giza
Booster
how did you get this app in your iphone?? through AppStore or installed it manually??

looks nice, what other possibilities does it have?

thanks for info
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
Chazz
Enthusiast
This does not show up in my copy of iTunes 8, accessing the US app store. At least not using the search term ArchiCAD

Is this a regional thing? Portuguese only? Hard to believe for just a viewer app. Also, there are few/no web references to a product of this kind or by this name and none that I can find by a publisher.

I have to say that if it was posted by a less credible source than Miguel I would consider it specious. Has the smell of a hoax. But there is the picture of him with it. Can anyone else confirm this?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
I have to say that if it was posted by a less credible source than Miguel I would consider it specious. Has the smell of a hoax. But there is the picture of him with it. Can anyone else confirm this?
Well now...
There might be a small exaggeration on the post.
I mean, where I wrote "the app store just published an app..." I should have said "the app store did not publish an app...", or, better still, "I wish the app store had published an app..."
My intend was to let the hoax build momentum, in a way that would eventually shame GS into building an app like that, but Chazz just put me to shame...
Still, it would have been a great app.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Krippahl wrote:
it would have been a great app.
So much for credible sourses.....

But how did you get the title of the application in the photo you provided? The actual shot of the app could just be done with a screen capture of ArchiCAD transfured to the photo viewing app but I don't see how you got the actual name of the app (ArchiCAD Viewer, very original BTW) in the application bar?

If you are a cad (in the other, more pajoritive sence of the word) at least you are a clever one.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
But how did you get the title of the application in the photo you provided?
That was easy. I just made a screen capture, put it on the iphone viewer, and strategically positioned my finger to hide the fact (named the jpg "Archicad viewer".
I was on my way to make a small walktrough video, put it on the iphone and simulate the accelerometer, and then posting the thing on the youtube, but ran out of steam..
Chazz
Enthusiast
I think the killer feature here is for client presentations. When the snooty owner balks at the program or facade you just shake the phone and all the elements explode and then reassemble into a new, more rational, cogent and proportioned arrangement.

Clearly Mr. Krippahl your talents are wasted here. I think you need to be creating the next wave of design and presentation tools --not using them.