Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF Shrink & Concatentate

Bruce
Expert
With the good ol' Amyuni converter, I could select multiple layouts in the layout book, then print them at 50%, all concatenated into the one file.

How do I do this with the new PDF converter?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
I normaly use publisher and not print when publishing alot of drawings at the same time, it works much better for me.
Bruce
Expert
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not talking about publishing a whole set, but rather picking out individual layouts (for discussion, distribution to consultants etc).

Using the publisher is too much hassle in this regards - and it still doesn't allow you to shrink.

I'll keep using Amyuni, even though it's inferior quality, just because of this convenience factor.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It's not as hard as you think.

When you create the Publisher Set, put everything in one folder and set the scale of that folder to whatever you want. Everything inside it will follow suit. Check the 'Merge to one PDF File'. Then when you want to publish particular items, just ctrl/cmd select each one and at the bottom of the Publisher, choose Publish selected items.

Set this up once in your template and you'll never have to mess with it again. Plus you get the latest PDF Converter.

Che
Bruce
Expert
Thanks for that Link - can't figure out how to change the scale of the entire folder though.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Ah, yes it looks like they have taken the Page Options... button out of AC12's Publisher. Sorry for misleading you there, but I hadn't noticed the omission.

I will have to ask GS about this.

Cheers,
Link.
Bruce
Expert
That has never been there when using the "Save" option in Publisher - only when printing or plotting. This is where one runs into trouble with the new pdf converter - if you could still use it as a print driver instead of having to save a pdf, it would still be sweet as.

Thanks anyway Link
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Upon further inspection it looks like the Page Options and the Document Options are only available when publishing views. Plus the Document Options offer different things for views vs layouts. So I guess this has been a deliberate move by GS.

Still, I would like to get to the bottom of it. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Link.
Thomas Holm
Booster
While AC12' config is logical, it might limit you if you've used some other print workflow previously.

To get at the output (printing) scale option in the Publisher, you'll have to select the Master layout settings and in the dialog's Size pop-up select the Import settings from printer option. There you have the scaling option.

Instead of duplicating masters this way, I find it easier to publish to a pdf set and scale that when printing from Adobe Reader or Preview.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Bruce:

On the Mac, you can select the desired layouts in the Navigator, set the page size under Page Setup..., then print to PDF with the Print... command and setting under the ArchiCAD option in the Print dialog box "Print Area: Selected Layouts in Navigator" and "Resize: Custom %". This creates one PDF file with the selected layouts at the % reduction. Do you have these options on the PC?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14