BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

OS X 10.5.5 released

Eduardo Rolon
From the notes

…Includes extensive graphics enhancements.

Updated my Macbook Pro, no problems detected yet.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

19 REPLIES 19
Thomas Holm
Booster
Do you mean that the Open GL scrambled screen issue is gone? (I did find a sure-fire way to to trigger it: Have an floor plan window with a large Fat 'crawling ants' Marquee open, and then do some Cover Flow in iTunes)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Rakela Raul
Participant
if your macbookpro has bootcamp and windows installed ? no problems either?
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Eduardo Rolon
Tom,
Checking System Profiler (Look under Frameworks -> OpenGL), OpenGL drivers were updated to 1.5.7

Raul,
I don't use Bootcamp, so I don't know.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

__archiben
Booster
Thomas wrote:
Do you mean that the Open GL scrambled screen issue is gone?
no it hasn't. i put my ATI card back in yesterday after the upgrade . . . a couple of hours later it shattered on me again. the nvidia hasn't given me any issues at all . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Karl Ottenstein
~/archiben wrote:
Thomas wrote:
no it hasn't. i put my ATI card back in yesterday after the upgrade . . . a couple of hours later it shattered on me again. the nvidia hasn't given me any issues at all . . .

~/archiben
So weird that I haven't had any problems with my ATI card since the graphics update a few months ago. Since we're both MacPro, it makes me wonder if it is a problem with the cards and not a software issue? Had you applied the MacPro ATI Graphics Update (a firmware update to the card) before you had pulled the card previously?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Seems to fix Artlantis problem with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT - no more banding on second display.
Dwight Atkinson
Thomas Holm
Booster
Karl wrote:
~/archiben wrote:
Thomas wrote:
So weird that I haven't had any problems with my ATI card since the graphics update a few months ago. . .
Thanks Ben for testing! My issue is the ATI X1600 card issue, found in MacBookPros (2,2, late 2006) and some iMacs with similar cards. I'm reluctant to trigger this again but I'll report back. I think it's a combination hardware and driver issue. Since it never happened to me in Tiger I thought it was driver only, but I've learned that Leopard puts a heavier load on OpenGL generally, so the issue might have been lurking back in Tiger.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
OS 10.5.6 released today. This is included in the release notes:

"Includes fixes for possible graphics distortion issues with certain ATI graphics cards."

Hope that this will resolve the issues people have been seeing.

Interesting, another fix is this:

"Addresses inaccuracies with Calculator when the Mac OS X language is set to German or Swiss German."

Germans and Swiss being stereotyped as very precise people, it is too funny that Calculator had 'inaccuracies' when set to use their language... Cannot imagine what this means though: was 1+1 not 2?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Germans and Swiss being stereotyped as very precise people, it is too funny that Calculator had 'inaccuracies' when set to use their language... Cannot imagine what this means though: was 1+1 not 2?
Perhaps: 1 * 1 = 1.0000000000000000000000000000000000000001
Learn and get certified!