Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain wall problem again

Anonymous
Not applicable
do you think curtain wall tool in archicad 12 is limited?

how can i create a curtain wall like this?

what is the best method?
15 REPLIES 15
adzik
Newcomer
When you create a Curtain Wall just make sure it has as much frame as the more complex parts then after creating it delete unneeded frames from where they are not needed.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
adzik wrote:
When you create a Curtain Wall just make sure it has as much frame as the more complex parts then after creating it delete unneeded frames from where they are not needed.
is it very time wasting? any faster method

what i want is just to do a cross curtain wall
adzik
Newcomer
No it shouldn't take too long.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
__archiben
Booster
angus wrote:
is it very time wasting?
yes.
... any faster method
yes - learning GDL and scripting it yourself would be faster than trying to get to grips with the curtain wall tool by a couple of years.
what i want is just to do a cross curtain wall
as far as i'm aware, the curtain wall you show above cannot be done - the grid always has to be orthogonal. if i'm wrong, i would be very happy for someone to correct me!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Erika Epstein
Booster
~/archiben wrote:
as far as i'm aware, the curtain wall you show above cannot be done - the grid always has to be orthogonal. if i'm wrong, i would be very happy for someone to correct me!

~/archiben
You can simulate it by moving individual frame pieces so they are on a diagonal. Or just draw new ones. The larger frame pieces can be a different size than the rest

Time consuming, but doable
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
__archiben
Booster
Erika wrote:
You can simulate it by moving individual frame pieces so they are on a diagonal. The larger frame pieces can be a different size than the rest
thanks erika
indeed!
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
~/archiben wrote:

~/archiben
You can simulate it by moving individual frame pieces so they are on a diagonal. Or just draw new ones. The larger frame pieces can be a different size than the rest

thx erika

what i concern that archicad make curtain wall tool as the new feature in archicad 12, but it seems still not-so-clever to most of the curtain wall design, if the "cross curtain wall" need manually adjust, i think this feature becomes not a very cool one........

is there a ArchiGlazing addon to do so?

i think that's why archicad do not make its curtain wall tool to be so clever
Erika Epstein
Booster
Angus,
This is just the first edition of the curtain wall. It will improve. Skyscrapers have been built in archicad without the curtain wall tool, so keep an open mind and look around at all the things the program can do.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
the example is not that complicated ..no need to do it manually ...

place first curved CW no frames ( turn off boundry and mullions ) just transoms rotated... then just copy the same CW and change the angle ... quite easy ..unfortunately i am on vacation so don't have my computer around .. i helped a client with a structure similar to that ... i will just re-create it and post it when possible

still think that this tool needs alot of work from both GS ( on the tool it self and to show people possible ways of using it ) and from users side to help other users to think in a different way about this tool.

.... i guess