Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Black overlay on -1 Fills in Layout View

Anonymous
Not applicable
After a teammate changed his workspace to release a detail, when he logged back in for no apparent reason the -1 fill all display as black in Layout Views. The problem is isolated to that particular user. After going through as many preference options as I can find, all options are consistent with machines that show the -1 fills correctly. Is there an option somewhere less obvious that would control what the -1 fill shows only for a particular user?

Please see example attached.
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Have you checked the pen set assigned to the drawings? That's where I'd start.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have checked the pen set, but the empty fill pen doesn't appear to exist in the pen set. Another confusing thing that would seem to suggest it isn't a problem with the pen, is that it doesn't print this way. It only displays the black overlay on the screen.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We did some experimentation this morning and discovered that the problem was not only limited to that particular file, it was also limited to his particular teammate name as he could sign in under my name and the black overlays were gone.

So, while we were not able to identify and solve the specific problem, we created a new teammate name for him and will later delete his old name (and with it whatever saved settings were causing the malfunction) under administrator privileges.

Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
does this person have their plan view background color set to black? Or did they ever even briefly have it set to black and change it to white?

Check the Grids and Backgrounds dialog in the plan view. And then check it again while in the layout view. If the while in the layout view the grid background shows black, then this is part of the problem. I had a similar problem with a template file that had a yellow background. i changed it to white but when I go to my layouts, all items that use the -1 recognize the background as being yellow. In your case, I would guess it is recognizing black. It could be that an AutoCAD drawing was open and the user elected to change the archicad background to match the typical black autocad background and may have stuck the work environment.

Unfortunately, I have no solution yet. In fact, that is why I am here looking for one myself.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Daniel, are you on 11 or 12?
Could you please add that to your signature?
Thanks from everyone.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Updated.

New hotfix will be installed this week. I don't know yet if there might have been a fix for this issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i've got the same problem, only this is not a teamwork file. so i can't just create a new profile. This also happened mid-project. it was fine at one point, but then I opened it recently all the -1 fills have a dark grey look in the layout book. also to note they don't print just like the previous guy... any luck with this? i'm using v.11 and i'm on the current build for v.11.