Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Details do not automatically update

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently completed a project and published. Subsequently I had to make a change which I could see changed on the Elevations, Sections, Floor plans etc. but did not update on my Details. Also my elevation marks do not show up on my Sections or Elevations.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Robert wrote:
I recently completed a project and published. Subsequently I had to make a change which I could see changed on the Elevations, Sections, Floor plans etc. but did not update on my Details.
Details and Worksheets do not re-build by design in order to permit free manipulation of the captured linework and fills. To rebuild, select the detail or worksheet, right-click, and choose Rebuild from Source View. (In contrast, a 3D Detail can be set to auto-rebuild.)

The rationale that is given for this behavior is that the Detail and Worksheet tools do not present elements that are linked to the source geometry, but rather are exploded into 2D elements for manipulation, modification, and annotation. In essence, these tools are not model views, but are 'snapshots' of the model. A 'rebuild' could typically destroy much of the manipulation of this non-live view.

A way of checking on what has been modified is to drag a copy of your entire detail to the right of the original before rebuilding. Or, in some cases, you might prefer using the Section tool with various tricks.
Also my elevation marks do not show up on my Sections or Elevations.
That would be a feature of Revit, not ArchiCAD.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,
Thanks for responding. In the project map, I did a rebuild with no effect. I started from scratch an opened up a new drawing, drew a foundation with walls and input a window. Made my section cut through the window then made a detail. Then went back to floor plan and moved my section cut out of window area. I updated on my section and I went to my detail which was still showing a window. I right clicked and did a "Rebuild from source view" and the detail was updated. Went back to my original plan to see if I could duplicate but noticed when I right clicked on the detail it only afforded me "Rebuild". So something is different on my original plans.

Also I need to correct myself, I was wondering why the "story levels" were not showing on my sections, elevations, and details.

Thanks
Bob
Karl Ottenstein
Robert wrote:
Also I need to correct myself, I was wondering why the "story levels" were not showing on my sections, elevations, and details.
Are they enabled in the section / elevation settings (for each section / elevation)?

They'll only show up in details if the detail is set to capture 2D elements. GS set the default for the detail tool to not do that, and the default for the Worksheet tool to do so.

Regards,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,
Got it! Thanks again for your assistance ....your a great resource.

Bob