BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Why is dwg export f***ed up in AC12?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Graphisoft, why do you have to f**** up dwg export with every new release?

It was a perfectly working feature in AC9 and 10, so why don't you leave it alone and spend your efforts on something usable, like copy in sections?!?

With every new release I expect there will be something wrong with dwg export and I shall not be able to communicate with engineers! And I am always right!

In AC12 there is no option to explode complex elements! The result is I ged every line, fill or window exported as a block into layer "1"! It even happens when I export sections!

Please, give us back the old translator, because we are trying to do our work with this program!
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
The result in Autocad:
Thomas Holm
Booster
Kliment,
(---)
Edited:
I should have checked before replying. My bad. I've got those (missing for you) Save options in my AC12 translators too, like the colleagues below.
Did you by any chance transfer your old AC11 translator to AC12, instead of re-creating your custom translator from scratch in AC12? I would not recommend that procedure, since if GS changes part of the working code, the old translator settings file might point in the wrong direction and miss some of the options.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Erika Epstein
Booster
Interesting. Those options are available in the US version of AC12.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Those options show up in my INT version as well as US....but appears that both versions refer to the same xml files, even if the program code is different.

Can somebody who does NOT have the US version confirm if they see the missing controls in Kliment's screenshot?

Kliment, can you verify that those controls are missing if you select any of the other (delivered) translators, as opposed to your custom one? Perhaps your custom xml is corrupted... You should also be able to open the xml file from 11 in 12 I think...Worth checking...

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Karl wrote:
Can somebody who does NOT have the US version confirm if they see the missing controls in Kliment's screenshot?
I see them all here on the INT version.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got it!
Everything is fine if you save as dwg from plan. The fun starts when you try to save it in Secton - then these settings are missing!
Thank you GS for wasting a whole day of my time! Today is a national holiday in Bulgaria - The day of indipendance! And I am at the office!
Erika Epstein
Booster
Kliment,
Why don't you do a re-install?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Thomas Holm
Booster
kliment wrote:
Everything is fine if you save as dwg from plan. The fun starts when you try to save it in Secton - then these settings are missing!
But Kliment, this difference from plan behavior - no explode when Saving DWG from Section - was the same in AC11. So this doesn't mean that DWG export in AC12 is more f*d up in 12 than in 11.

But you may have found something still. If you didn't get block export from sections in AC11, but do now in 12, that means that GS has changed the way sections behave, but the DWG export translator hasn't kept up with this development. I can't recall that happening to me (but I don't have Autocad) - I seem to recall only getting lines and arcs from section export previously.

I hope that this is a pointer to real 3D item copy and paste in sections in the future. And that the DWG exporter will keep pace.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!