Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO applications disappearing (or not)...

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am trying to find the source of this problem which is occurring on one of our projects; it's not one i've been working on and due to impending deadlines have only been able to do limited trials to try and determine parameters of problem, so will give description of problem and initial observations.

a custom profile has been created for a skillion "roof"(an project element, as opposed to the AC tool) with a curved edge junction to a wall; this custom profile has been applied to a wall to form the element and the slab tool was used to create an element on a dedicated seo layer (usually hidden) to chamfer the end of it (subtraction function) - see attached image.

this morning, on opening file, seo function has stopped working (i.e. element not cut); have tried reapplying seo operation, deleting and recreating operator slab, applying seo operation with other elements as operators and have noted the following:

operator - target - outcome

slab - wall - no operation
roof wall - correct seo operation
wall - wall - seo operation but with strange
appearing joins (likely due
to wall junction issues)

my question: has anyone had similar problems with seo operations disappearing and is there some sort of inbuilt heirarchy of what elements should preferably be used to operate on other elements?
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
Between walls, make sure that operator elements have higher priority than their victims.
Dwight Atkinson
Thomas Holm
Booster
Isn't it enough to put the operators on different priority layers, so they don't join/'clean up' ?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1