Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

'Slab penetration' object subtype

I downloaded some nice German slab penetration objects from the Object Depository.

Their subtype is Model Elements > Opening > Slab Opening. Does this have any implication in terms of functionality? Like they could be inserted as a slab accessory to attach to or cut the hole in the slab? I can't find any.
4 REPLIES 4
Thomas Holm
Booster
Where in the Depository?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Thomas wrote:
Where in the Depository?
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/13%20Special%20Construct...

[The 'slab penetration' object subtype hast nothing to do with the slab accessories, I think I understood from the manual.]
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ignacio wrote:
Their subtype is Model Elements > Opening > Slab Opening. Does this have any implication in terms of functionality? Like they could be inserted as a slab accessory to attach to or cut the hole in the slab? I can't find any.
Well, they are 3D objects with German standard 2D symbols. You're supposed to use them with SEO and position them accordingly to get the penetration to show in 3D, nothing automatic. The procedure is described in its 3D settings pane (in German) see fig.
Bild 10.png
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
I thought I had this figured out but I am confused by looking at the three symbols in
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/13%20Special%20Construct...
now --

- Bodenschlitz is supposed to be just a floor/slab 'slot', a 'recess'?
- Bodendurchbruch is supposed to be a floor/slab (all-the-way-through) 'penetration'?
- Deckendurchbruch is supposed to be a roof penetration? Or a ceiling penetration as shown on the floor plan?

If that is the case, how do the symbols differ when the penetration is floor only vs. floor and ceiling/top slab (that is, a shaft going through the story, in which the floor penetration and ceiling penetration overlap). I thought the black fill was used for a shaft going all the way through and the outlines only meant the cut is floor-only, but maybe I had it all wrong.