BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF Publisher text problem

Tom Krowka
Booster
When using Publisher to print to PDF.....none of the text appears on layouts. I am using atypical fonts, "Architext" and "Gouge", and are not in the standard windows font directory. They are both .ttf fonts.
If I send them to the print shop, layouts can can be printed on their printer but both text defaults to a different style.

Had this same exact problem in V11 when received the new upgrade from V10 as well. GS fixed it with a hotfix, but apparently forgot to include it with V12. At that time they indicated the problem was with the Adobe driver. Do I need to download a new driver, and if so, where can I find it. Am assuming V12 would automatically have done that.

How about it, GS.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since the hotfix in v.12 we are noticing that when publishing or printing to PDF with Adobe we are losing fonts, or they are changing. . . did this come with the hotfix?
Thomas Holm
Booster
Jesikuh123 wrote:
Since the hotfix in v.12 we are noticing that when publishing or printing to PDF with Adobe we are losing fonts, or they are changing. . . did this come with the hotfix?
I had a similar issue, in AC11 as well. It's a font/system thing, not Archicad's fault, at least on my machine. Had to remove/install some fonts and check there were no font ID conflicts. Hard to track down, unfortunately. File/folder privileges/permissions might also be an issue.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to edit/claify somethign from my last post.

When using publisher to make PDFs I cannot SAVE a PDF without the text coming out funny.
I can however PRINT to PDF and have the text come out OK.

I am about to go see what happens when I go through the file>Print/Save methods.
Tom Krowka
Booster
My problem was occuring before the fix. I have determined that it is only one text font however. And it is the font that I have been using on all projects since I started using AC at V8.0 GS, you fixed it in V11, which was having the same problem. Please fix it again, soon.
It appears to work with PRINT for the pdf files, but not save.
I can't do anything with the font, like permissions, etc. How might one do that type of operation.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Barry Kelly
I am having a problem with a font as well (but in V11 - haven't tried it in V12).
Definitely seems to be a problem with the internal PDF converter when "saving" as a PDF.
However this is quite an old font created back in the 90's.
As Tom's font seems old as well it makes me think there is something wrong with the font that the P{DF converter is sensitive about.

I have found a solution I think that involves checking and fixing the font.
There is a program called "Trans Type Pro" that will check and fix a font (as well as convert between Windows and Mac formats).
I tested with a demo copy and the font then worked fine except for the fact that it has a Trans Type Pro logo embedded in some of the characters.
I couldn't justify purchasing the full version of the program to convert one font.
But if anyone does own the full version of this program I would be interested in sending you the font to see if it can really be repaired.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tom Krowka
Booster
GS did fix the problem in V11. Are you sure you have all the fixes? If I recall, it was one of the last ones, if not the last.

Don't see why we should have to spend more $$ for something that was already taken care of.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Barry Kelly
Does anyone have a program called "Trans Type Pro" that can convert and repair fonts (not the demo version)?
I really need to get just this one font fixed as we have used it a bit in our plans and it's causing trouble when converting to version 12.
I would appreciate it if someone could help me out.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I came across same problem recently. The font is called Graphite Std and I'm on AC 9.0 build 2018.
It works well in ArchiCAD but when publishing into PDF it's coming out completly scrambled. I assumed it was font problem but I tried AC12 demo and it works without the problem, so it must be AC 9.0 publishing issue.
Did GS solved that with lates 2219 hotfix for AC 9.0 or is there some other solution/workaround for that? I would really like not to update if not necessary.
Will be grateful for any help.
Learn and get certified!