Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

!Restored: Cinema4D version 11 Save Enabled Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
New Save-Enabled Demo Version Available

Put CINEMA 4D R11 to the test - and save your projects and renderings

With the brand new Release 11 of CINEMA 4D, MAXON has added a comprehensive set of new features that users around the globe have been eagerly anticipating. For relaxed testing of all new functions, MAXON is now offering a save-enabled demo version of CINEMA 4D R11.

Users can now save project files, images or even animations for 42 days. Features like Non-Linear Animation or Global Illumination can now be tested extensively, even on bigger projects. Want to know how the new Global Illumination looks in your animated scene? Simply download the demo and render for yourself! Even Multi-Pass renderings are possible - and all of this without any watermark or logo in your output.

Download save-enabled demo version here:

http://www.maxoncomputer.com/download_demo.asp
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a plug-in available for AC12 yet?

Justin
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is good stuff, but for those that have the latest (ArchiCAD 12 and Cinema 4D v11) where are the plug ins? Sooner is better!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got both Cinema 4D 11 and the Architecture Module - DEMO.
Cinema 4D works fine but the Architecture Module asks for a password to unzip.
Could you tell me how to get this password ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The new Cinema4D 11 is very robust. This physical sky render, with three high poly count trees and a Dosch Detailed Car. 12 min on an Octo-Mac. Nice and quick. Maxon you are the best!

http://www.doschdesign.com/products/3d/

http://www.Maxon.net
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is another way of test rendering software, throw the works into the picture and see if the:

1) Editing environment bogs down to trash - No C4D remained fast and easy to work in ( past tests like this caused Maxwell Render editor to choke )

2) Rendering time went logarithmic to heaven - Again, no C4D cranked through the global illumination radiosity solution within 27 minutes.

With C4D you can realize your vision for the render.
Neighborhood.jpg
owen
Newcomer
Burginger wrote:
The new Cinema4D 11 is very robust. This physical sky render, with three high poly count trees and a Dosch Detailed Car. 12 min on an Octo-Mac. Nice and quick. Maxon you are the best!

http://www.doschdesign.com/products/3d/

http://www.Maxon.net
IMO AR3 is the only thing worth the upgrade from R10.5 to R11 for Arch Viz. The downside is the Architecture Exchange plugin does not work for AC12 or R11 yet .. although Maxon and GS are working on it.

However if you happen to be using VRayforC4D then R11 is recommended as it brings full 64-bit rendering, meaning the 3GB RAM limit for VRay in R10.5 is gone.

I would really recommend trying VRayforC4D out - it really is outstanding and IMO the savings in render times could very quickly pay for it. If it came down to a choice between upgrading R10.5 to R11 or buying VRay i would do the latter without hesitation.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think I would agree with you on that suggestion. The VRAY plugin looks nice, I have installed it and tested the same scene as shown above. However it is not a straight use product. It seems very technical in its controls and there is no doubt a learning curve associated with it. Then there are the plugin/upgrade issues. If a new user sticks with C4D and Advanced Render I feel their life will be more trouble free.
Install5.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
And yes, if you load the VRAY demo scenes you end up with an impressive image, but what combination of textures, lights and settings produced the image? Rendering (the proprietary scene in C4D Advanced Render gives equally strange results)
owen
Newcomer
Each to their own .. I actually found VRay much easier to learn than AR, maybe because it is based more on physically correct lighting than AR ... so for example the VRay Camera Tag has settings such as Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO like a real DSLR. Being into photography I find this works the same way i think, so maybe that is why i found it easier.

Regarding the tests you did, you have encountered the only real downside of VRay and that is it really requires separate materials and lighting setups to Cinema's internal engine (or the AR). If you disable VRay rendering but your scene has been set up with VRay materials, cameras, etc you will get the results you have encountered. It is the same the other way around .. things that look good in AR will probably look ordinary in VRay.

Still i have not had the chance to play around with AR3 .. from what i have heard and seen it is a big improvement over AR2
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!