BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

wall section can't show

Anonymous
Not applicable
I try to do a simple wall section which only have 3 layers, finish + concrete + finish, that's all.

then i use the complex profile to do so.

after creating the wall, i use marquee to choose part of the wall and show it in 3D while the section only show a black color instead of layers.

some setting wrong?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is the one in the feature overview pdf, that is what i aim to do.
Picture 4.png
__archiben
Booster
you have assigned each skin "core" and "finish" parameters in the composite structures dialogue?

and have you actually switched the display between "entire structure", "core only" and "without finish" using the 'partial structure display' command?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
__archiben
Booster
sorry - i misread: what it appears you're looking for is the actual hatching on the wall sectional cut, right?

this feature is only possible in the new '3D document' viewpoint. the normal 3D window will only display the cut material as defined in your '3D cutting planes...' dialogue.

whilst in the 3D window with your desired view set up, right click and choose "capture window for 3D document...". use the Document>3D Document Settings... dialogue to define the appearance of the 3D document (i.e. turn on vectorial hatching).

also note: the display of any cut fills are also determined by your model view options. make sure that they aren't being over-ridden with 'solid' settings.

archicad getting complicated? never!

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
done!!

it shows when in 3d document

thx dude

furthermore, how can i have color on the section?
because it is only black and white
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
angus wrote:
angus:

You will need to look at the materials assigned, the pens assigned, and the settings under 3D Document Settings > Model Display.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
angus wrote:
angus:

You will need to look at the materials assigned, the pens assigned, and the settings under 3D Document Settings > Model Display.

David
i've tried but also can't .

can you do me an example? and show me more detail?
Learn and get certified!