Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad12 extremely slow!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a serious problem regarding openning a current project in Archicad 11 and 12..it seem it takes enormous amount of time to open a small project..and even take a longer time when i xref multiple dwg files or merge the entire project site to another file...please help me..!!!
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jonathan
If you create a detailed profile of your system, you will get a lot more detailed help and most likely quicker responses.

Bier
fwiw. 12 has been a lot faster than 11!
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am not really familiar with setting up your own detail profile..please explain to me how that process work..thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
People would need to know what type of computer you're using, CPU, RAM, video card, OS, ........ to help diagnose what might be causing your slow-down....

Also is this just happening with one particular project, or are you having this problem with all your AC files. It seems logical if you have a lot of external references that it would take longer to load that particular file, there is just more for the computer to do. But 12 should be noticeably quicker than 10 or 11. Many people (including myself) complained that 11 felt slower, even though in my unscientific time test it did perform most tasks marginally faster than 10.

For starters I might recommend making a new&reset all file to clear out any bad data lingering in AC
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jonathan6182 wrote:
i am not really familiar with setting up your own detail profile..please explain to me how that process work..thank you
You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm having the same problem. Periodically, the file will pause, for up to a minute or so, for no apparent reason...this can happen switching between views, copying and pasting, deleting...any number of commands. This seems to happen more with team-worked files as co-workers are having the same problem on different projects. we use modules, hotlinking all model info to the project model and creating all sects./elevs./details/layouts from this 'composite' project model. The archicad library is working off the C drives, but the project library is on the server. the file sizes range from small (15 meg) to very large (140 meg). So, there are a lot of variables that could be the problem. What is the best method to trouble-shoot this problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
cw
Look to see if you have multiple "views" open under Window.
If your just switching from one to another, they don't necessarily close,
even if you have closed the file with these "views" open and reopened file.
You have to click the small x in upper right hand corner for each view as far as I know.
As things go slower, I go to see if I have multiple AC "views" open, and close them, helps a lot for me.
Bier
close windows.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
While in the Floor Plan Viewpoint, you can use the Window\Close all Background Windows to close them all.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo for the correction,
never even looked at that option before.

Bier
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I know what you mean.
I accidentally stumbled upon it myself.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27