Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Masters Disappear At Random

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on a project in which we've seen a lot of problems with the masters suddenly disappearing from the layouts. Sometimes only certain lines will disappear, sometimes the whole thing will disappear, and sometime everything including the gray grid numbers will disappear. Also, it doesn't necessarily happen on all layouts -- sometimes only a few will lose it and the rest are fine.

The only solution we have found so far is to go to the layout's settings, switch to a different master, then switch back to the master we want. It's an easy fix if we have a couple funky layouts, but if we have 50 of them, that's a different story.

So is it a bug, a feature, or just my luck?
19 REPLIES 19
__archiben
Booster
are you using cadimage revision manager?

if so, try without it and see if it makes a difference . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jay:

You might want to check out this thread:

Master Layout Not Visible

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Rakela Raul
Participant
i agree, something wrong with that, been doing the same.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
are you using cadimage revision manager?
Nope.

From what I read in the other thread, it sounds like AC will print the geometry just fine -- even if we can't see it on the screen. I'll give it a try next time we find a feisty layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
UPDATE: In a Teamwork project AC12 doesn't print the missing Master if you don't see it on the screen. It just went Alzheimer's on my current project and I tried switching to another title and back, and I tried saving then switching the title -- no luck.

The only thing that worked was signing out of the project, then signing right back in. I'm not very fond of that method -- seems a bit time-consuming.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Jay wrote:
UPDATE: In a Teamwork project AC12 doesn't print the missing Master if you don't see it on the screen. It just went Alzheimer's on my current project and I tried switching to another title and back, and I tried saving then switching the title -- no luck.

The only thing that worked was signing out of the project, then signing right back in. I'm not very fond of that method -- seems a bit time-consuming.
Been there, done that.

Although my fix was only to CLOSE the file then re-open (don't have to sign out).

I did notice that they disappear after SAVING! All is fine, then you hit save and the master items disappear. Usually only from one master. Eventually, simply switching masters will not work.

I've not really noticed it AS MUCH since the bug fix, but it still exists. I'll have to run the HOTFIX#2 tomorrow.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Erich
Contributor
For what it is worth...

I have found that if I draw anything in the master and then go back to the layout the master reappears. I can then go back and delete whatever was added the the master.

Not using teamwork though, so I don't know how or if it will work there.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mostly this problem related to layer settings, make sure that the information that you put on the master layout is always active in all your layer settings. Variations can be set for different layer sets if you wish. If you have simple information on your Masters that does not need variations then just put everything on the Archicad layer and this problem should not occur anymore.
Erich
Contributor
This discussion and the related one are not a layer problem. I know in my case all master layout items are on the Archicad layer, as is anything else I draw in the master to make it reappear. I would have to say that this is a bug.

After waiting a few days, I installed the latest hotfix last night, so I should know today if it fixes this issues. It does appear to be listed in the fixes.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K