Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

walls or profiled walls on roofs

Anonymous
Not applicable
HOW CAN I CREATE WALLS (FOR THE DRAINING) WITH LOW HEIGHT ON ROOFS?

BECAUSE I CAN NOT CREATE WALLS ON ROOFS
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you mean parapets? (Short walls around the perimeter of a (usually) flat roof.) Just use walls.

If they need to slope to fit roofs below then use SEOs or Trim to Roof (old style).
Anonymous
Not applicable
but u can not draw walls on roofs!

Matthew wrote:
Do you mean parapets? (Short walls around the perimeter of a (usually) flat roof.) Just use walls.

If they need to slope to fit roofs below then use SEOs or Trim to Roof (old style).
Barry Kelly
idestk wrote:

Matthew wrote:

You can draw walls at any height you like.
Get the height right and they will be on top of the roof.

You can also use the gravity tool to snap the base of the wall to any point on a roof surface automatically.

And as Matthew said - use Solid Element Operations (or the old Trim To Roof command) to trim walls to match the roof slope.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
i mean sth like in the pic. the walls to be vertical and to follow the outer perimeter of the slopped roof

Barry wrote:
idestk wrote:

Matthew wrote:

You can draw walls at any height you like.
Get the height right and they will be on top of the roof.

You can also use the gravity tool to snap the base of the wall to any point on a roof surface automatically.

And as Matthew said - use Solid Element Operations (or the old Trim To Roof command) to trim walls to match the roof slope.

Barry.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
idestk wrote:
i mean sth like in the pic. the walls to be vertical and to follow the outer perimeter of the slopped roof
To cut the top of the wall: create a copy of the roof, elevate it to where you want the top of the wall, use SEO to remove the top of the wall, put the higher roof on a hidden layer.
To cut the bottom of the wall: use SEO to remove the bottom of the wall.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
No need of SEO or other fancy tricks, simply use the roof tool and create a very narrow roof at the desired height...

Cheers
Francois
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could also use an Inclined Beam to do that little piece.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27