Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

'LIVE' shadows in 2d views - FINALLY!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
A seemingly unpromoted aspect of the new 3d detail function in v12 is the ability to have live shadows in 2d views (plan view, elevation, perspective, ortho etc.). No more the tedious process of switching to internal engine view mode, cutting and pasting and then cleaning up the fills - just set the 3d detail settings to show vectorial sun shadows and create the 3d detail.

Best of all, if you want to do a series of shadow diagrams showing progression of shadows at different time of day/year, marquee the image in 3d detail window and copy/paste it in the same window (away from live view), change sun settings, update 3d detail window and repeat as often as required.
6 REPLIES 6
Nice. And it looks as if it is the answer to the age-old 'give me a true top view 2D drawing too'.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Lovely
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
more steps please!!

i see u use the axonometry

but any more information?

thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really hope to know the steps.... Because I really don't quite understand what the procedure is....

I beg your help.
Erich
Contributor
Angus,

See here, Djordje lays out the basic steps

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=26467
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Djordje
Ace
kombibob wrote:
Best of all, if you want to do a series of shadow diagrams showing progression of shadows at different time of day/year, marquee the image in 3d detail window and copy/paste it in the same window (away from live view), change sun settings, update 3d detail window and repeat as often as required.
Even better, save a 3DD for each, place on the layout ... that way, they are live.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen