Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reversed display order of lines in elevations.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know why the lines around elements in elevations draw themselves in completely the wrong order?

In the example elevation below, the pink wall is furthest away from the elevation line, but it visually overlaps the black horizontal lines that form the closest wall where they meet. Likewise with the other lines.

This is a seriously annoying problem, as any faded lines from the marked distant area actually overlap the bold lines at the front of a drawing! It is especially prominant with a bold ground line. Any PDFs produced from the drawing also display this error!

You can tediously get around this problem using the manual display order controls for every single element, but the whole point of modeling in 3d is that is you shouldn't have to!

I have noticed this behavior happened in AC10+11 also, so it has been around for a while. Why has it not been fixed yet? It's fundamental to the clarity of the outputted drawings - the primary function of ArchiCAD.

Please confirm I'm not going mad, or I've missed some hidden setting that reverses the expected effect!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the plan view of the walls.

The pink wall is at the back. The black wall is closest to the elevation line.
Learn and get certified!