Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Render issue / closest part of the element is cut away

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, was wondering if someone might be able to figure this one out.
when i make a render standing inside the model i have built i get a funny looking outcome. In the image, the closest part of the element(s) are cut away / cut through / semi-displayed. I have attached an example of the final render (most library parts have been lost using different computers at different locations...)
I have also attached a screen shot of the same in the 3D window.

However, this only happens when i try to render within the built environment in a narrow tunnel AND subway (many parts of this complex). It does not happen when i take an out side shot which you can see in the third image.

Should also mention that it only started 2 days ago, and have not seen this happen before.

Any suggestions to why this is causing my head to explode.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Adding the second image
Anonymous
Not applicable
and the third, as you see, no problem with this render.

Could it be that the 'camera' is too big to be within the space (head height is appr. 3500mm).
Seems a bit farfetched, does it not?

Hope for a reply.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's the 'clipping plane of doom' caused by very large/long objects.

See here for a possible fix -

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Model%20cut%20in%203D

Your model looks pretty large, so you may have hit the limits of the openGL 3d window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Peter,

As i understand the case you refer to is when you are 'live' in the 3D window and not when rendering out a final image.

It might be that my model is to big, but it doesn't seem to affect when i make a render from an outside point of view.

I will try to play around with it a little bit and see if there is anything wrong.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry it didn't help much. I've never seen a render come out cut like that before!

For the interior shots have you tried using the marquee tool to select a reduced area on plan (also enclosing any sky or sun objects)? Pressing F4/F5 will launch that area only in the 3d window and therefore any render produced from it.

Also, is it affected by what layers are visible perhaps? Turn half off and see if it makes any difference. Also try the polycount goodie to see if there is an excessive amount of polygons on something that might be triggering the rendering error.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure what is causing the renders to come out the way they do.
But i managed to get it to work over the weekend. I didn't make any adjustments to the file or model.
I assume that i may have had my computer working overload (was working on the same file for more than 50 hours straight).

Think it may be a case of an overloaded computer and a big model (file is only appr. 7mb).

Thank for all the help Peter.