Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD 7 to ArchiCAD 12?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem. I have some older projects and I want to open them in AC12, but I can't... Is there any easy way to convert old files? Easy...?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
do a search on the forum, I think I remember seeing this addressed a few times. I believe you will need to install AC 9, and do a save there to open in 12. I started AC in version 8, but I know I can open my version 9 files just fine in 12. (don't have any version 8 files to test)
Karl Ottenstein
Under the Help menu, you'll find a PDF document called "02 AC 12 Getting Started.pdf".

See pages 23 through 48.

Also, see this Wiki article:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Conversion%20of%20old%20ArchiCAD%20project%20files%20into%20Ar...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you guys...but I didn't succeed. I don't have AC9, or any other beside of 7 and 12. I couldn't even open the pdf file, something is wrong with Acrobat... It's not my day. I need Acrobat and AC9, then I will try again...
Thanks, and sorry for my English.
Karl Ottenstein
Your English is fine. 😉

Your reseller should be able to provide a download or a CD of AC 9 or any other version. Your WIBU key (assuming you have the commercial license) works with all earlier versions.

GS was going to upload 9 onto the Wiki to make it easier for people with exactly this problem - but it is not there yet, only the various versions of 12. So, unless someone here has a download link from somewhere else, you'll have to contact your distributor / reseller.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
GS was going to upload 9 onto the Wiki to make it easier for people with exactly this problem - but it is not there yet, only the various versions of 12. So, unless someone here has a download link from somewhere else, you'll have to contact your distributor / reseller.
... that is in Novi Sad anyway.

www.hicad.rs
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen