BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Image Wrapping on Walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a simple four walled model and would like to wrap an image continually around the four walls. If this is possible, what is the best way to do this? I dont want to put the image individually onto each wall and then have to align it to match the one next to it.

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
Sorry, but there's no way to do that.

But making four different wall materials, each piece corresponding to each wall dimension and the using the Align 3D Texture feature isn't that bad.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is that the only solution?

Cheers
Dwight
Newcomer
Like, I'm holding back while answering you late on a Sunday night?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
A possible solution - calculate the total image length needed by adding the length of all 4 walls together. Set up a new material with the correct length.

Temporarily line up all 4 walls in a straight line in the order the image will appear. Use 'Align 3d texture' - 'Set Origin' and specify the base point as the bottom left point of the furthest left wall for each of the individual walls. It may be best to 'Set Direction' as well to ensure it works properly.

When you move and rotate the walls to the correct position they 'should' remember the origin and display correctly.
Learn and get certified!