Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Export Wireframe model to vector? is it possible

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everyone
im trying to get a wireframe printed out with hi resolution, vector would be the best but i dont know how, can anybody help me please?
thank you very much
kind regards
16 REPLIES 16
Eduardo Rolon
A wireframe of what?? a floor plan, an elevation a 3D?

If a 3D copy and paste from the 3D (Internal Engine set to wireframe) window to a worksheet, detail, floor plan, elevation, section, layout and print it from there.

But I am just guessing…
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
good guess.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry, it was not clear the question but i meant the wireframe of 3d model. is there anyway i can export the wireframe view of model to flat 2d vector that can be printed clearly?
thanks again
Eduardo Rolon
Read my answer above.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
alright dude
Djordje
Ace
Set the 3D window to Internal engine, wireframe

Save the view

Place on layout
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Vector images are terrific, resolution independent, clear - crisp, etc. However it has not been my experience to have an automatic vector format from ArchiCAD. When I did want to mess with a vector, I believe the only way was to export a very large bitmap and use Adobe Streamline or similar program - Adobe Illustrator, etc.
Dwight
Newcomer
And now you believe different?

BTW: Customs sent the package back. Will try again with more scent-proof packaging to fool the dogs.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely not, I was just leading him on. It is a fun game.

I even sent the model to Cinema, and tried to TOON the image with 4 bit images, then send it to PhotoShop and then Adobe Illustrator. It was all fun but I never came up with anything I liked. That's why they call this the Presentation Section - anything and everything goes.

Customs, they probably tried it out, eh?