Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Having problems with Picture files

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have encountered a problem in that Jpeg, tiff and pdf files imported into AC don't always print. You can understand my frustration when I use a picture file for a background or transparent overlay and it doesn't show up on my print. I have tried the 3 methods of importing the picture file through the "figure tool" icon. I have tried "merging" it and even "placing external drawing". All methods brought them in but again the printing becomes unpredictable. Tried 3 similar computers here with the same result. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem or did I miss a patch after AC10 was released.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried printing to a PDF file?
Anonymous
Not applicable
sheet still blank
Thomas Holm
Booster
It's a known problem in AC10 that if you import a picture file and transform (re-scale, rotate, overlay, crop or someting) it in any way within AC10 it might not print. This is fixed in AC11.

A workaround in 10 that worked for us is to do all transforming in a picture editor (like Photoshop) before import into AC. But I tend to recommend an upgrade. Now that 12 is out you'll get so much more, too!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that explains it...thanks. Have to now convince the boss to upgrade.