Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Whoa! Graphisoft announce EcoDesigner energy evaluation tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.graphisoft.com/company/press_zone/ecodesigner.html

I see that Graphisoft EcoDesigner for ArchiCAD12 has just been announced!

Sounds excellent!

Will be very interested to see further details when released.
97 REPLIES 97
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll second that! It will be interesting to find out the details.
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx for the info !!

one more soft for yearly upgrade if not discontinued after a yr or two

MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this an accredited tool? Where is it accredited? I hope that GS are looking at how this tool will be accepted by certifying authorities...or it won't mean much....
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
rwallis wrote:
Is this an accredited tool? Where is it accredited? I hope that GS are looking at how this tool will be accepted by certifying authorities...or it won't mean much....
I saw the EcoDesigner presentation earlier this week and it looks really promising. The integration gives a continous workflow which is very impressive. One-click approach means it will be used from the early design phase where it should!

EcoDesigner share the core from Strusofts VIP Energy which is a Swedish (=quality guarantee(it's ok to have comments on that..😉)) well known and very competent energy balance calculation software. VIP is used by all the major energy consultants in Sweden. EcoDesigner is like the ArchiCAD interface to the core of VIP Energy. Follow link for info on VIP Energy:

http://www.strusoft.com/?pageId=70&subId=1700&langId=1

Concerning validity you can follow the link above to Strusoft to see it's ASHRAE and CEN-15265 validations for VIP Energy. More info will of course come.

Now it's time for Valborg week-end which means Sweden will close down until monday morning. Next week will be a little greener in many aspects!
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This looks good
Erich
Contributor
Does anybody know, if both the Windows and Mac OS's are going to supported?

After looking at the Strusoft site, I hope AC does a good solid implementation. This tool could be a very nice addition to the design process and put some control back into the architect's hands for once.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Karl Ottenstein
Erich wrote:
Does anybody know, if both the Windows and Mac OS's are going to supported?
Yes, works on both platforms.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
KeesW
Advocate
Looks very good - just what we need provided it is accredited.

Following the VIP energy links has a puzzling item on "Margin of error calculations". Seems very poor but I must be misreading something otherwise experienced users wouldn't be so excited.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Karl Ottenstein
I, too, found that 'margin of error' PDF on the VIP website pretty disconcerting ... not sure how you can have error margins that big, and yet be considered 'certified'. I'd like to have that explained better somewhere.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB