Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

custom material for carpet

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi hope someone can help me with this
i have copied the material i want to be in my material for carpet in the Archicad library (in the right folder and i have reload the library as well)
but when i want to change the material, the picture i saved in the library is not shown on the list which i cant select.

hope to hear from u soon . thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you say it is in the right folder, have you actually added that folder in the library manager?
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, ive added it in the library manager and reload it
but it still not showing out in the list of my materials
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Janice,

Any errors in the library loading report?

Can you still see the 'picture' in the folder out side of ArchiCAD?

Are you searching for it in the right folder in the materials settings?

Is it saved in a format that ArchiCAD can't recognise?

Have you still got it open somewhere else?

It may be useful to post some screenshots of the library manager showing the folder loaded, and also the same folder when viewed from the 'search' button in the material settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there..
strange tht it has not come out with any errors message
and it is a Jpeg file..
and i think eveyrthing is fine other than it is not showing in the list
..thanks for ur reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try adding another random image to the folder, then go back into ArchiCAD and reload the libraries, then go to the material setting and try to find it to apply to a material.

If this doesn't work then completely remove the folder in the library settings, click 'done', then re-add it again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i just found out tht we will need to create a new material from the Element Attributes.
thank for ur time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, you will have to duplicate a similar existing material and assign the texture to this.

Glad you sorted it in the end!
Anonymous
Not applicable
haha..thanks