Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering with archicad 11 and photoshop, comments please:)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there everyone,

I've made some renderings for a competition, comments anyone?

Martin

temp080905-081009-view-S.jpg
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
and another view
Dwight
Newcomer
Very good feeling, overall.
Too bad about the sky being too short.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight!...well lets just say the short sky is an artsy fartsy thingy:)
Dwight
Newcomer
I respect that.
Except that an idea that old tends to move away from the artsy pole and more to the other one.

--- That was too harsh.

The reason i reacted it that in the 70's when we didn't have the digital stuff, a fellow would make his perspective stick out of a background photo.

The main thing i reacted to was the back panel of the second image - where it seems to float, unsupported. I think the leaping-out-of-the-image feeling you attempt fails here - the panel just wobbles there.

Anything that confuses the viewer is a bad thing......
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Darn...and just i was thinking i was on the right track... Anyway, i'll take it into considoration (correct english?). But i'll keep you posted if we win:D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice renders, and an interesting design also!

I love the angled glazing on the facades. I assume this was drawn on plan and then rotated into position when finished? I wonder if the new curtainwall tool in AC 12 would make this easier now?

Anyway, I think it looks great, thanks for sharing!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks;)

As it was just for modelling, the walls were drawn as they normally would have been. But the holes in are made by excluding the pattern of the windows and then adding an extra wall, very thin of course, with a glass material. These patterns/window holes are drawn in plan view as volumes, then rotated and saved as an object, and when placed excluded from the walls.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this whole facade could have been done using the Curtain Wall Tool because
1. The Curtain Wall can be freely rotated in 3D to any position you wish
2. The boundary of the polygon can be formed into any shape you wish, you can even place holes in it like a slab polygon or any other polygonal stuff in AC (except for Polygonal Walls).
3. There are 3 main directions for Frames: the angle between two of them can be specified (e.g. one is horizontal, the other is sloped), then the Frame of the 3rd main direction can be placed or added to the Curtain Wall as additional Frames, then copy-dragged/multiplied.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice renders Martin! The design is fabulous, kind of reminds me of the CCTV building in China.

Kudos.

Good luck with the competition!

(been using AC 11 for quite a while now - IT ROCKS) I'm sure 12 does too!