BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensioning

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been told that we're able to display the dimensions in feet/in AND in metric at the SAME time.

Is this true? And if so, what settings do I alter?

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Yes.

It depends some on what version of ArchiCAD you are using.

You could do this in Layout similar to using ghost stories in Layout.
Two views in the same place.
One view with imperial dimensions and one view with metric dimensions only.

There are other ways as well.
mixed dimensions.jpg

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 10

I've searched for help and is think the secondary dimensions (add-on)

Does anyone know how to set that up?

Thanks,
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Oreosh8ke wrote:
I've been told that we're able to display the dimensions in feet/in AND in metric at the SAME time.

Is this true? And if so, what settings do I alter?

Thanks in advance!
Dimension Standards (Options>Project Preferences>Dimensions...) are saved with each view (View Map).

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Oreosh8ke wrote:
Archicad 10

I've searched for help and is think the secondary dimensions (add-on)

Does anyone know how to set that up?

Thanks,
Ah yes, secondary dimensions will give you what you want. Assuming you have the add-on loaded (you will see it under Document>Document Extras>Secondary Dimensions), you simply dimension your model in one format (eg. imperial/metric), then convert them all to another format. You can select specific dimensions if you just want to convert a select amount. This will add the other format to the existing string. If the model changes, you will need to 'refresh' these converted dimension strings to make sure the extra format updtaes too, as it is not automatic, even if the dimension is associative.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot! Got it!
Learn and get certified!