Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

composite walls and visible layers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a composite wall whit several fills (ex. plaster + common brick + plaster) and I want to know if it is possible to ( with a determined layer combination or other way) make visible only the common brick. Thats important if you want to make a layout of the structure and the walls without the finishing materials.

thank you for your help,
luis
7 REPLIES 7
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
You can do this via Pen Sets -- search the forum, it's been discussed before.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
luis wrote:
I have a composite wall whit several fills (ex. plaster + common brick + plaster) and I want to know if it is possible to ( with a determined layer combination or other way) make visible only the common brick. Thats important if you want to make a layout of the structure and the walls without the finishing materials.

thank you for your help,
luis
1.Options >Element Attributes > Composites > Brick plastered both sides
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
3.Walls selection settings
Anonymous
Not applicable
4.Dimension default settings.
4_c_w.gif
Karl Ottenstein
Actually, Beart, while your method will will work - that checkbox cannot be memorized with a view. Thus, it is not possible to automatically have certain views (drawings) appear with the veneer and others without in a normal publishing workflow.

Laura's answer is the current best practice: using cutom pen sets, in which one pen set displays the veneers and another attempts to hide them which white pens/fills. These pen sets are memorized with views.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
It was just that, if you want to make the component of plaster is invisible in Composite Structures - Brick plastered both sides … The layer plasters on draws usually isn’t appear. I’m, do it, that the count of area’s on plan were true.
I don't mind your version.
using custom pen sets, in which one pen set displays the veneers and another attempts to hide them which white pens/fills. These pen sets are memorized with views.
, but it is incorrect , of my mind.
I think that there is true version (see attachment file). But there are some problems in doors’ and windows’ installing.
1_c_w1.gif