BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Skylight Tool errors

Anonymous
Not applicable
While (co-)working with 3 different architects (projects that have been ongoing for several months), AC is acting bizarre when it comes to the SkyLight tool : 3 different files, 3 similar problems… A warning appears : fix or keep as is… While fixing the model all instances of the Skylight repositioned in the model. So far so good.

Continue working... AC is messing up seriously. The files are getting corrupt this bad that I spent twice the amount of hours I should.

Difficulties seem to occur when manually creating holes in a roof or dealing with Skylights while roof option “projected” or “projected with overhead” is turned on !

Situation A:
One file AC10 working perfectly in AC10 : total crash upon opening in AC11. The file was sent to local support as well to Graphisoft for technical diagnostic (months ago), no answer yet…

Situation B:
One file AC10 finishing up in AC10 : Skylight Tool warning… : elevations show up on top of each other…, triangulating walls and roofs in section / elevation, roof planes expand hundreds of meters, can’t select at all in 3D, some walls continue over window and door openings in section / elevation (openings show up correct on plan and in 3D), …

Situation C:
Another file AC10 transferred to AC11 : Skylight Tool warning… : no more 3D window, it takes 20+ minutes to rebuild any section or elevation even when no changes are made to the model, triangulating roofs again in section / elevation, etc.

Diagnostic :
AC10 and AC11 both latest built. All libraries are up to date. We deleted all user preferences and even tried a clean install : no solution so far.
Opening the files on 4 different workstations / various operating systems (XP/Vista/OSX Intel/PPC) : the same result.

So far I’ve found 1 temporary solution : deleting all openings that were created in roofs by AC itself. Skylights become loose objects on top of the roof but I get the model running stable.
I didn’t solve the representation of the triangulating roofs : elevations set to drawing show up a bunch of different roof fills instead of one!

If you guys don’t mind, I will post various images to show it’s not just another minor inconvenience…

Any help would be grateful.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image 1
Warning AC10.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image 4
Triangulate roof.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have seen some problems with skylights, but nothing as severe as you seem to be having. Your solution of separating them from the roofs and cutting your own holes is probably the best workaround for now.
Thomas Holm
Booster
I seem to recall having heard about issues when version-migrating projects with Skylight Tool objects. They have changed. But I've had (knock knock knock) zero issues up to now with projects started in AC11 and using this tool.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Learn and get certified!