Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Segment Head Wallhole issue

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I thought I understood how to make a custom door object, but in the attached screenshot my wallhole is not functioning as expected when the door object is inserted into a wall. Any insights into what may be causing this will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
It looks like you assigned the ID 'wallhole' to each of several panes of glass?

AFAIK, only one slab can have the ID 'wallhole', and it should be one which represents the complete hole required - so would be larger than the glass in order to include the frame, too. It will not display, so it can be of any material and thickness; only the polygon shape matters.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Post the 3D script - ti looks like you merely have a rudimentary WALLHOLE going on there.
Dwight Atkinson
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Karl/Dwight,

I checked the IDs for all the slabs making up the door object. Only the frame (that has holes cut out for the glazing) is assigned WALLHOLE. I've attached the 3D script, however this was created by projecting a side view at 90 degrees, then Save 3D Model as in the Libraries and Objects menu. GDL scripting is pretty much beyond my expertise, however I've included the 3D script as requested.

In the meantime, I will try to isolate the outer frame from the mullions to see if that has any affect (in that the holes in the slab could cause the issue).

Thank you for any additional comments that come to mind....on your valuable Sunday.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Scott,

You will probably have better luck magic-wanding another slab based on the perimeter of everything and assigning THAT the wallhole ID.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Dwight
Newcomer
Using the wallhole ID trick doesn't require a complex slab - just a simple slab corresponding to the edges of the wallhole.
I just tested it - the inner slab called "Wallhole" disappears in the element.
Dwight Atkinson
Scott Bulmer
Booster
That did the trick.....who would have thought to add an extra slab and that the extra slab would become invisible in the final product. Anyway, Richard, Dwight & Karl....thank you all so much.
Scott