Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculation roof area on the flat

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I want to create a schedule that calculates the roof area on the flat and automatically updates. I have a similar thing for the roof area and it works perfectly.

I want to be able to seperate the schedule into ground floor and upper floor and I also want to seperate by roof pitch. It is the roof pitch where I seem to be encountering some problems. There doesn't appear to be an available parameter for roof pitch that works ... I found one called roof plan pitch (under roof accessories), but it doesn't seem to show up in the schedule.

Does anyone have a working schedule that can do what I'm looking for ?
I've attached a screen pic of the schedule I have so far and how I want it to come out. Any help is appreciated

FYI: We are working on AC10 on Windows XP Dell computers

roof area.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
There is no way to calculate this, but it is possible to display it via the element info palette. (its the plan area of the roof)
This is another reason we need calculation fields in the interactive schedules, all you would have to do is have a field that does the simple calc - roof area / cos(roofpitch)
This is something I was discussing with GS Australia tech support just last weekend. David if your listening...................

Sorry for the bad news
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben ... I'm not liking you right now !!! 🙂

Oh well ... GS ... please fix !!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I should point out that with other means, GDL, property scripts etc etc this is very easy. Just not so with interactive schedules