Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How can I do a curved Complex Profile?

Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Hello Archicaders,

I am having trouble getting a curved complex profile to work using the wall tool. The curved wall function is greyed out when I go to draw it. I tried to magic wand an arc but that produces a curved wall with the same dimensions of the profile but no profile detail ( just a flat wall ). Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
3 REPLIES 3
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Ah, I see the problem. I am doing this in AC 10. I just tried it in AC11 and which has access to the curved wall function. The project is in AC10 and is too far along to convert so I guess I am stuck unless someone has a different way to do it.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Gerald wrote:
Ah, I see the problem. I am doing this in AC 10. I just tried it in AC11 and which has access to the curved wall function. The project is in AC10 and is too far along to convert so I guess I am stuck unless someone has a different way to do it.
You could make and place your curved profiles with OBJECTiVE. You can use it in versions of ArchiCAD from AC8.1 up to AC11, and the upgrade for AC12 will be free to all registered users.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Jere
Expert
Gerald wrote:
Why not just do it in AC11 and load the AC10 library?
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660