BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cabinet Oddities - Cabinet Base 1D 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The library object Cabinet Base 1D 12 which appears to have been updated in the latest library patch, LIB12-USA-2528-Win.exe, is exhibiting strange behavior. (Similar issues occur with Cabinet Base 2D 12 and Cabinet Base 3D 12 as well)

To recreate/illustrate the oddity, test the following settings:

Size to Set - Cabinet
Sink - None

The cabinet depth cannot be set to be less than 2'-3". In the previous library, I could create base cabinets to a shallower depth.

Furthermore, the cabinet will incrementally grow by 3" each time the Mirror Library Part box is checked/unchecked. It seems that the incremental growth only occurs when the Size to Set box is set to cabinet. If one of the sink options are set to either Style 1 or Style 2, the cabinet depth can be adjusted down to 1'-3 3/4" or 1'-9 21/32" respectively.

The intention is to be able to create a 9" or 12" deep base cabinet, which was possible until the latest library update.

By the way, if the sink is turned off on Cabinet 2D and Cabinet 3D, the cabinet depth can be reduced to 12". (Even 6" is possible.)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am also having trouble with the "Cabinet Base 1D 12" object. I can't seem to reduce the width of the cabinet object.

I can increase the width of the base cabinet object, but then if I close the settings dialog box and then open it up again, I can't even change the width parameter back to the original smaller size. When I type in a new value, it just reverts back to the value that was displayed a half a second ago.

I discovered that if I turn on a sink in the "counter" tab, then I can reduce the width of the cabinet. This is very odd and very annoying.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Upon further experimentation I have found that the incremental growth issue, (see my original post), is directly associated with the front overhang dimension of the countertop. A zero overhang will eliminate the incremental growth. Obviously this is not always desirable.

The temporary work-around is to set the Size to Set variable to Counter. This appears to allow the object to display properly.

The coding error was reported to Graphisoft through our dealer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Basin cabinet 12 has a drain? (small circle) which shows up several inches behind the cabinet, and the hotspot is on it. What is up with that? Bill
Anonymous
Not applicable
About the small circle which also appears far behind Basin 01 13 at scale 1:50:

It disappears if you set detail level back to scale to 1:100 under the 2d representation parameters.
Learn and get certified!