BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Please Help me Reg Archicad Database in Calculation Menu

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Archicad User

I am working with Archicad Database in Calculate Menu. very complicated stuff how to proceed mechanically calculations , I linked with elements to database through properties i have given properties in wall elements in Criteria example : my database Commponents entry only for particular area size suppose if area will increase how to show output for current area please guide me . It will take automatically or we have to manually entry ?

please guide me

regards
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Baheerathan wrote:
I am working with Archicad Database in Calculate Menu. very complicated stuff how to proceed mechanically calculations , I linked with elements to database through properties i have given properties in wall elements in Criteria example : my database Commponents entry only for particular area size suppose if area will increase how to show output for current area please guide me . It will take automatically or we have to manually entry ?

please guide me
I'm sorry that we have a language barrier here, as I can not really tell what your question or problem is from your description.

It sounds like you have set up a property object to generate a fixed-size component, rather than making it proportional to the linked wall's surface area.

You may also want to look at Eric Wilk's new book "ArchiCAD From CAD to Quantity Survey" - http://www.fc-cadlink.com - although I should warn you that the English translation is quite poor, so if you can read French I would get that version.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!