Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D Graphic Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I'm using the "orbit" mode in a 3D perspective drawing, I'm having a problem. It looks like there are a thousand grey lines... kind of how an old hand drawn perspective drawing used to look. When I hit the escape key to end the Orbit, the lines go away. They're very distracting. I am on a new Mac Pro. My graphics card is a ATY,RadeonX1900. Thoughts? Help?
7 REPLIES 7
Dwight
Newcomer
While i do not have a current laptop, this problem did occur for me on Archicad 11's first build and not since - Is your application right up-to-date?

If so, when you reduce the OpenGL window in size by 1/2 does it still happen?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried it in a smaller window and it still happened. Thank you for the thought.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Help > Check for updates
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again. I checked and I am up to date. I shut down the program and reopened to see if it'd stop, but that didn't work either.
owen
Newcomer
It really helps people answering your question if they know exactly what your OS, ArchiCAD and system specs area - good place for this is in your signature.

You say you are on a new Mac Pro .. running Leopard? This sounds like a problem many people (including myself) are having under Leopard. Remember GS has not released an officially Leopard-compatible update yet
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Right, I'm still running Tiger on a Mac Pro, 3.0ghz, Dual [which has four processors], and 5gb RAM. Leopard came with my computer, but we haven't upgraded yet.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Sounds like a graphics card issue to me, although I've heard of issues i 10.4.11 as well as in Leopard. Do a search on this forum and w Google.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1