BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Newbie question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

I want to calculate walls area from a model that I did as follows;

• Exterior walls area without doors/windows
• Interior walls area without doors/windows

How to do that?

And if the wall trimmed to roof, the area will be calculated to the trim line or to the actual height of the wall before trimming?

One more question; I have modeled the exterior walls with complex profile, because I have different cladding material on the same wall (masonry/EIFS/wood siding), how to get the area of each component ?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Put your different wall types on different layers.

Layers are how I select almost everything in my schedules.

I also cheat sometimes. In a section or elevation you can use a fill to define an area instead of canclulating the surface of the wall. The area of a fill can be added into a schedule too.

Yes. The surface area is adjusted. It does not include the area that has been trimmed.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve wrote:
Put your different wall types on different layers.

Layers are how I select almost everything in my schedules.

I also cheat sometimes. In a section or elevation you can use a fill to define an area instead of canclulating the surface of the wall. The area of a fill can be added into a schedule too.

Yes. The surface area is adjusted. It does not include the area that has been trimmed.
Thank you very much Steve,

Layers; this is what I have done after I spent several hours on testing and investigating schedules and lists! but what I could not figure it out is the complex profile! is there any other way to list each component or I have to use a fill on elevations... and STOP trying?
TomWaltz
Participant
Steve wrote:
In a section or elevation you can use a fill to define an area instead of canclulating the surface of the wall. The area of a fill can be added into a schedule too..
Anything placed in an elevation or section cannot be scheduled. Only fills placed in plan can be scheduled.
Tom Waltz
Yes. That's where the cheating comes in. You have to paste it into a plan view. Also, you can not schedule things in a Workspace or Layout either.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
there is a way you can list all the component you used on the walls or even slabs...
one way is:
1. go to the navigator-project map.
2. on the tree, go to the list and choose components.
3. then checkout the preset (component/prop. obj (simple)
4. then you can see the rest of the components you have used.

another way is to create your own list, and this is how it goes:
1. go to the navigator-project map.
2. on the tree, go to the list and right click the components.
3. then set up list schemes
4. then go to the pull down menu & select List Scheme File & create new
5. and you can see there will a new set of tree were you can create your own lists and the rest is self explanatory.

maybe this could be a big help...
Learn and get certified!