BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

archiCAD 10 - always printing tabloid

Anonymous
Not applicable
howdy

i am having the following issue when trying to print pdf's from archiCAD 10 (v1188 full)... running on a mac

i created the following master layouts:
- letter (8.5" x 11")
- architectural D (24" x 36")
- architectural E (36" x 48")

however... when i try and print to pdf... or save as pdf... all i EVER get is a tabloid (11" x 17") sized sheet

i have set the same master layouts in v11 and gone thru exactly the same procedure... and i get perfect results

any ideas as to what/why v10 is giving me issues... and what i can do to sort the issue out... i have a number of projects that need to be finished up in v10 so migrating to v11 is NOT an option

thanks in advance

yukioMishima
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you creating .pdf's using the publisher feature or are you creating the .pdf's in some other fashion?
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have tried both ways... using publisher... as well as printing directly from the layout... same result

this is happening on more than 1 machine

happens on another machine (using publisher)... but that one can print "directly" without issue

something weird going on!!

would like to get it sorted so that ALL machines can create the approp sized pdf files

thanks

yukioMishima
Anonymous
Not applicable
also

when i set the master layout page up... it is the correct size

i do a page setup and select the correct size

i look at the window that show what % the drawing will be on the page... and it shows 100% (so it is not scaling the drawing up/down to fit the page... nor tiling over multiple pages... it seems to think that whatever size sheet i have... will end up being an 11 x 17 sheet)

sent it off to pdf... and it comes in at 11 x 17".... fitting in the page correctly.... BUT not at the size that the master layout was created at... the page setup was set to

strange

yukioMishima
Learn and get certified!